I’ve managed to get the bulk of my dress together with only fitting the bodice more neatly and hemming to go so I thought I’d share with you my progress so far:
My favourite part so far is the bias binding on the arms and neck. I hand stitched it and I’m so glad I did as I think it just makes it look so much neater.
Hopefully the next time you see this it’ll be finished!
I have finally come in from the lovely weather and made a start of my vintage pattern this month. I was going to pick this one but when I went to look for it in my pattern folder I stumbled across this beauty and decided it would make a great summer frock…
I’m going for option C with the skirt length of option A. I am also going to use bias binding at the neck and arms instead of facings. Mainly because I am in love with my bias binding maker and I want any excuse to use it.
Choosing a fabric wasn’t easy but I settled on this lovely cotton I got in the John Lewis sale.
with that chosen I ironed out my pattern pieces and fabric and got started cutting and marking everything.