I have a box filled with vintage sewing patterns that I’ve been too scared to use/cut up. I recently decided that this was a silly attitude as they were made to be used and I loved the designs so what was the point in keeping them boxed up and unused. So, with that in mind I embarked upon making this pattern.
I thought that the simplicity of this pattern would help me to ease into using my vintage patterns. I decided to make the short sleeved version, skipping the pockets ( I don’t need any more encouragement to carry more junk around with me!). I also decided on a self coloured collar. My choice of fabric was this great V&A one. I thought the stiffness of the cotton would really lend itself well to this pattern.
So, as an easy pattern I figured I’d get this finished in an afternoon, which I did. However, I ran into problems with the sleeves, which nearly lead to a sleeveless dress. They were unbelievably fiddly and still don’t quite sit as I’d like them, though that’ll be a change for another day. Other than that the pattern was a pleasure to complete and I got a fantastic sense of achievement when I finished. So here is the finished product, I’m a so pleased with it and get the impression I’m going to wear it to death. Now to tackle the rest of the box!